Have A Great Day in New York City

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I am a Gawker Stalker!

I admit it. I am shamelessly starstruck and one thing I adore about my beloved New York is having Liza Minnelli at the very next table from me when I took my mom out for mothers day. No, really, there she was on Saturday night night at the opening weekend of the new Metropolitan Room at Gotham. By the way, the club is as absolutely ideal choice if you are seeking a more mature and refined nightclub experience while visiting Manhattan. The Belle of Broadway, Christine Ebersole was also there at the very next table! The Metropolitan Room is exactly where the Gotham Comedy Club used to be on 22nd street before they moved to a bigger place on 23rd street, and it is owned by the same people. The Gotham is my favorite comedy club in New York by far so I expect they will have a great line up of musicians on the way.

But I digress.. When I saw Mikhail Baryshnikov himself just steps away from me at the 37 Arts theater on Friday night my first thought was that I could not wait to get home to my computer and post my fabulous siting on Gawker Stalker! If you are planing a visit to New York City and you too want to know where all the fabulous people can be found just walking around amongst us mere mortals, here is where you can get the goods as they happen http://www.gawker.com/stalker


If you want to live like a star yourself when you are in New York, the glamorous Hotel Giraffe on 26th and Park Avenue South is a great choice and near the Metropolitan Music Room, the Gotham Comedy Club and a quick cab ride away from Arts 37 which is on 37th Street.